PHP is the most popular scripting language for web development. It is free, open source and server-side (the code is executed on the server). MySQL is a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) that uses Structured Query Language (SQL). It is also free and open source. The combination of PHP and MySQL gives unmet options to create just about any kind of website – from small contact form to large corporate portal.
This Dynamic Web Development with PHP and MySQL training course will give you a working understanding of these important technologies and show you how to use them to create your own impressive websites.
When used in combination, there simply isn’t a better way to construct sites that involve complexity, large volumes of data, and the flexibility to make adjustments and changes over time. This course goes step by step through the basics of each technology, and then gradually shows you how to build the necessary components. It goes through installation of PHP and MySQL technologies on your local machine as well as hosted servers, explains basic tags, commands and constructs, and helps you build and work within a solid back-end database.
Why should you take up this training course?
PHP is a very versatile web development language that is used to build dynamic web pages by deploying server-side scripting. It offers multiple benefits like advanced features and easy to use and open source nature. MySQL is a database solution that is extremely powerful, secure and scalable making it ideal for using with sophisticated websites. This training course lets you master both PHP and MySQL to level up your web-development skills and providing you ample opportunities for taking up high-paying jobs.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone who wants to build a website that goes beyond the requirements of basic HTML and CSS
- Anyone who wants to learn how to build an app that can handle data and interface with end users at the same time
- Anyone who wants to learn how MySQL can function as a database solution
- Anyone who wants to learn basic programming and development skills without days of digging through technical books
- Anybody can take up this training course without having any prior skill sets
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the major concepts of Web Technology
- PHP and MySQL installation and configuration
- Create Dynamic Websites
- Build web applications using PHP on MVC Framework
- Deploy PHP in-built functions and writing custom functions
- Interact with the database using PHP
- Handle files with PHP
- Create Database using phpMyAdmin
- Implement Sessions and Cookies
- Introduction to PHP
- Setting up Web Server and code editor
- Creating first PHP file
- Embedding PHP into HTML file
- PHP output to the browser
- Comments in PHP
- Die and Exit functions in PHP
- Variables in PHP
- Single quotes and double quotes
- Arithmetic, Assignment, Logical and Comparison operators
- Control/Conditional statements in PHP
- Arrays Functions
- PHP Functions
- Using External Files and Images
Form Handling in PHP
- Creating HTML Form
- $_REQUEST variable
- $_GET variable
- $_POST variable
- Validating form data
- Securing forms with html special characters
- Sending data to other PHP files
- Uploading files with PHP
- Displaying uploaded files
Session and Cookies in PHP
- What are cookies?
- Creating cookies
- Deleting cookies
- What are sessions?
- Setting up sessions
- Unsetting sessions
File Handling in PHP
- Writing data to files
- Reading data from files
- Appending data to files
- Explode Function: Writing data to files
- Implode Function: Reading data from files
- Introduction to databases
- Introduction to MySQL
- Connecting to MySQL Database
- Creating Tables
- Querying data from a Database
- Insert data into a table
- Updating data
- Deleting data
- Callling MySQL Stored Procedures
- Dealing with transactions
- Manipulating BLOB
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprise of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in Data Science and programming.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Mobile: +254 706909947
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mobile Number: +254 706909947
The course fee is KES 75,000.00 or USD 1,100.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through bank on or before the course starting date.
Send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.