Python is an interpreted object-oriented programming language. It is open source, so the interpreter and source are freely available and distributable in binary form . Python has many built-in high-level data structures and utilizes dynamic typing and binding, making it an excellent choice for both scripting and application development as it can be used for everything from web development to software development and scientific applications.
Programming in Python can be extremely quick and productive owing to the lack of a compilation step as well as the built-in debugger (also written in Python).
Who should attend?
- Beginners with no previous programming experience.
- Anyone looking to build the minimum Python programming skills necessary as a pre-requisite for moving into machine learning, data science, and artificial intelligence.
- Existing programmers who want to improve their career options by learning the Python programming language.
- If you are an expert Python programmer with extensive knowledge, and many years’ experience, then this course is probably not for you.
- A computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux).
- No prior knowledge of Python is required.
- No previous programming experience needed.
What you will learn:
- Learn to use Python professionally, learning both Python 2 and Python 3
- Learn to use Object Oriented Programming with classes
- Understand complex topics, like decorators
- Build a complete understanding of Python from the ground up
- Acquire the pre-requisite Python skills to move into specific branches – Machine Learning, Data Science, etc.
- What Is Python?
- Python 2 vs Python 3
- When and Where Is Python Being Used?
- Installing Python for Windows
- Installing Intellij on Windows
- Configuring Intellij and Python on Windows
- Installing Python for Mac OS X
- Installing Intellij on Mac
- Configuring Intellij and Python on Mac
- Installing Python for Ubuntu Linux
- Installing Intellij on Linux
- Configuring Intellij and Python on Linux
Python Object and Data Structures Basics
- Introduction to Python Data Types
- Python Numbers
- Variable Assignments
- Introduction to Strings
- Indexing and Slicing with Strings
- String properties and methods
- Print Formatting with strings
- Lists in Python
- Sets in Python
- Dictionaries in Python
- Tuples in Python
- Comparison Operators
- Introduction to Program Flow Control
- If, Elif and Else Statements in Python
- For Loops in Python
- While Loops in Python
- Useful Operators in Python
- List Comprehensions in Python
- Continue and Break Statements
Modules and Functions
- Modules and Imports
- Standard Python Library
- Time and DateTime in Python
- Functions in Python
- Scope in Functions
- *args and *kwargs in Python
- Global Variables and Keywords
- Lambda Expressions, Map, and Filter Functions
- Namespaces and Recursion
Input and Output (I/O) – File Processing
- Reading Text Files
- Writing Text to Files
- Appending text to existing files
- Opening Files
Object Oriented Programming
- Introduction to OOP
- Instances and Constructors
- Attributes and Class keyword
- Class Object Attributes and Methods
- Subclasses and Overloading
- Calling Super Methods
- Special Methods
- Overriding Methods
Interacting with Databases in Python
- Introduction to Python with Databases
- Installing Sqlite3 on Windows, Linux and Mac
- Introduction to SQLite
- Connecting and Inserting Data to SQLite using Python
- Selecting, Inserting, Deleting and Updating SQLite Records
- Introduction to PostgreSQL Psycopg2
- Selecting, Inserting, Deleting, and Updating PostgreSQL Records
Errors and Exception Handling
- Introduction to Errors and Exception Handling
- Using Pylint
- Decorators in Python
- Generators in Python
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprise of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: +254 706909947
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +254 706909947
The course fee is KES 75,000.00 or USD 1,100.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through bank on or before the course starting date.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.