Who should attend?
- Basic web development knowledge is recommended
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS helps but is NOT required
What you will learn:
- Built-in types
- Exception handling
- Promises async/await
- Code Editors
- Developer Console
- Setting up the development environment
- Code Structure
- The Modern Mode “use strict”
- Variables and Data types
- Variable Mutation and Type Coercion
- Operators, Operator Precedence and Comparisons
- If / else Statements
- Boolean Logic
- Ternary Opeartor and Switch Statements
- Truthy and Falsy Values and Equality Operators
- Function Statements and Expressions
- Objects and Properties
- Objects and Methods
- Loops and Iteration
- Execution Contexts and the Execution Stack
- Creation and Execution Phases and Hoisting
- Scoping and the Scope Chain
- The ‘this’ Keyword
- The DOM and DOM Manipulation
- Events and Event Handling
- ‘Hold’ Function and the DRY Principle
- Inheritance and the Prototype Chain
- Creating Objects: Function Constructors
- The Prototype Chain in the Console
- Creating Objects: Object.create
- Primitives vs. Objects
- Passing Functions as Arguments
- Functions Returning Functions
- Immediately Invoked Function Expressions (IIFE)
- Bind, Call and Apply
Introduction To ES6 / ES2015
- What’s new in ES6 / ES2015
- Variable Declarations with let and const
- Blocks and IIFEs
- Strings in ES6 / ES2015
- Arrow Functions: Basics
- Arrow Functions: Lexical ‘this’ Keyword
- Arrays in ES6 / ES2015
- The Spread Operator
- Rest Parameters and Default Parameters
- Classes and Classes with Subclasses
- Promises and Async/Await
- AJAX and APIs
- Making AJAX Calls with Fetch and Promises
- Making AJAX Calls with Fetch and Async/Await
- Introduction to the Command Line
- Installing Node.js and NPM
- Configuring Webpack
- The Webpack Dev Server
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprise of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: +254 (0) 729166479
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +254 706909947
The course fee is KES 150,000.00 or USD 2,200.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through bank on or before the course starting date.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure