Laravel is the most popular MVC framework for PHP. It builds on PHP standards and conventions, making it easy to create completely customizable, full-featured apps. This course covers the basics you need to know to build elegant applications of any scale with Laravel 5. Learn how to work with the MVC architecture, build and populate a simple database, and create the controllers, routes, and views for any web-based system. The Instructor will also show you how to add the create, read, update, and delete (CRUD) functionalities and setting up authentication and incorporate Eloquent ORM for simplified database integration. This course provides the information you need to make a move to Laravel and build high-quality, scalable, and sound PHP applications.
Who should attend
- Beginners who have never used Laravel before
- Developers who have never developed real world applications using laravel
- Advanced laravel developers who want to improve their web development skills
- Basic OOP(Object Oriented Programming) in PHP
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand Laravel framework and its installation and environment
- Build simple to advanced web applications using laravel
- Create and use Controllers
- Use the templating engine Blade
- Create migrations
- Use routes
- Create Views
- Connect and use Databases
- Download third party libraries to add to Laravel
- Use the Laravel ORM (Object Relational Mapper) and perform raw SQL queries.
Getting started with Laravel
- The architecture
- Setup and Installation
- Basic routing and naming of routes
- Routing parameters
- Route wildcards
- Routing to controllers
- Route prefixing
- Domain Routing
- Creating Controllers
- Controller Routing
- RESTful Controllers
- Creating views and custom methods
- Passing data to views
- Integrate a site template
- Render dynamic data
- Redirects and custom responses
- Basic Filters
- Multiple Filters
- Filter Classes
- Global Filters
- Pattern Filters
- Creating Templates
- PHP Output
- Control Structures
- Template Inheritance
- Form fields
- Form Validation essentials
- Error Messages
- Custom Rules and custom messages
Laravel and Databases
- Database setup
- Connecting Laravel to MySQL
- Laravel and MySQL
- The Database Class and Query Builder
- Migrations and Schema Builder
- Eloquent ORM
- Wrapping up Databases
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprise of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in Data Science and programming.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: +254 706909947
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +254 706909947
The course fee is KES 75,000.00 or USD 1,100.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through bank on or before the course starting date.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.