Adobe InDesign is a desktop publishing and typesetting software application produced by Adobe Systems. It can be used to create works such as posters, flyers, brochures, magazines, newspapers, presentations, books and ebooks.
With InDesign CC you can create and publish content for print, web, and digital distribution. Traditionally a page layout application, it has evolved into the premiere tool for creating eBooks, and magazines for digital devices. In this course, we get you comfortable with working inside the program. You’ll learn how to master the interface, how to work with images, and create the best possible typography.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who wants to start using InDesign to learn great design skills
- People completely new to InDesign with no previousdesign or publishing experience
- You will need a copy of Adobe InDesign CC.
- No previous design skills are needed.
- No previous InDesign skills are needed.
What you will learn;
- Learn InDesign from the start the way a professional would use it.
- Practice everything you learn with provided Exercise Files.
- Learn useful keyboard shortcuts and best practices.
- Working with Text and Image Frames
- Creative Page Layouts and Compositions
- Mastering Character and Paragraph Styles
- Typographic and typesetting techniques
- Working with Books and Long Documents
- Print and Digital Publishing
Introduction to InDesign CC
- What Is Adobe InDesign?
- What does Adobe InDesign do?
Understanding InDesign’s Workspace
- Starting the workspace
- A tour of the interface
- Interface Preferences
- Navigating Pages and Spreads
- Controlling Page Zoom Levels
- Working with Multiple Documents
- Using Workspaces
- Rulers and Guides
- View options and Screen Modes
Working with Documents
- Creating a new Document
- Updating Margins and Columns
- Setting Bleed and Slug guides
- Document Guides Explained
- Ruler Guides Explained
- Saving Documents
- Exporting and IDML File
- InDesign Library Files
- Creating InDesign Snippets
- Working with Pages
- Using the Page Tool
- Creating and Applying Master Page
- Overriding Master Page Content
- Numbering Pages
- Working with Page Sections
Basics of Text
- Creating Text Frames
- Working with Text
- Placeholder Text
- Special Character and Glyphs
- Placing Text
- Placing Long Text
- Threading Text Frames
- Text Frame Options
- Inset Spacing and Vertical Justification
- Baseline Options
- Auto-size Text Frames
- Story Editor
Working with Graphics
- Placing Images
- Placing Images with Adobe Bridge
- Using the Links Panel
- Embed Links
- Working with External Graphics Programs
- Frame Fitting Options
- Working with Images and Transparency
- Using Captions
- Basic Formatting Options
- Additional Formatting Options
- Font Sizing Explained
- Changing the Cases
- Open Type Fonts Options
- Basic Paragraph Formatting
- Drop caps
- Hyphenation Options
- Span or Split Columns
- Using the Justification Options
- Adding Tab stops
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprise of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Tailor- made training
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: +254 706909947
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +254 706909947
The course fee is KES 75,000.00 or USD 1,100.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through bank on or before the course starting date.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.