Digital safety is the practice of defending information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, perusal, inspection, recording or destruction. In our digitally connected world, new risks to our data and privacy have emerged. Governments are using technology to attack infrastructure and surveil its own citizens.
Understanding information communication technology infrastructure is just as important as understanding technology tools and strategies for digital safety. We will cover a broad range of topics to provide a strong understanding the fundamentals of digital safety and digital security.
This course will focus on building knowledge and strategies to ensure your digital safety. Each module will feature an interactive exercise to develop a key skill to protecting your data. It will also feature interactive presentations and include a unique hands-on learning environment with animated videos, technology demos, practical activities, networking events, immersive simulations and more.
Who should attend
This course is targeted toward an Information Technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows-based TCP/IP networks and familiarity with other operating systems, such as OS X, Unix, or Linux, and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring a foundational knowledge of security or a foundation for advanced security certifications. The following job titles fit very well in this course:
- Information security professionals
- IT Security Managers
- IT Architects and Administrators
- Database and Web Developers
- Network and System Administrators
- Government & Intelligence Agencies interested in real world IT attack and defense
- Individuals involved in implementation, testing, security hardening of mobile devices
Basic familiarity with computer networks, administration, and security is helpful (But, all required information will be covered during the course)
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Create a risk assessment that considers digital security, aspects of physical security, and psychosocial factors
- Critically analyze both the opportunities and the pitfalls that emerge when working with technology for digital safety
- Connect relevant development theories to the technological strategies and tools discussed in the course
- Manage specific software platforms and tools for ensuring digital safety
- Design dynamic and effective strategies for using tools and platforms to improve digital safety
- Develop critical self-confidence for working with technology to address digital safety challenges
- Information Security Cycle
- Information Security Controls
- Authentication Methods
- Cryptography Fundamentals
- Security Policy Fundamentals
Identifying Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Social Engineering
- Wireless Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Physical Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Software-Based Threats
- Network-Based Threats
Managing Data, Application and Host Security
- Manage Data Security
- Manage Application Security
- Manage Device and Host Security
- Manage Mobile Security
Implementing Network Security
- Configure Security Parameters on Network Devices and Technologies
- Apply Secure Network Administration Principles
- Network Design Elements and Components
- Implementing Networking Protocols and Services
- Secure Wireless Traffic
Implementing access control, authentication, and account management
- Access Control and Authentication Services
- Implement Account Management Security Protocols
- Install a Certificate Authority(CA) Hierachy
- Restore Certificates and Private Keys
- Enroll Certificates
- Secure Network Traffic by Using Certificates
- Revoke Certificates
- Renew Certificates
- Backup and Restore Certificates and Private Keys
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprise of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Mobile: +254 706909947
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mobile Number: +254 706909947
The course fee is KES 75,000.00 or USD 1,100.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through bank on or before the course starting date.
Send proof of payment to email@example.com
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.