This course was crafted to start your UI/UX design career with no experience. While teaching you the latest design & prototyping methods for Adobe XD.
Adobe XD is a vector-based design tool developed for UI/UX design by Adobe. One of the leading programs used for User Experience (UX) design, it took the industry by storm with its seamless design to prototyping capability. In this course we will work from the ground up, going through the interface of Adobe XD and each tool to ensure you learn the program and get comfortable using it.
Excited for Adobe XD? Adobe XD is not all we will be learning in this course. We will also learn User Interface (UI) design and User Experience (UX) design from scratch. In this course we will go over several principles of UI/UX and how to use them in your designs. This way you can take what you learn from this course into your own projects. After all the goal of this course is to get you started in your UI/UX design career.
Who should attend?
- Beginners with no design experience or anyone making a switch from another design discipline, like graphic design.
- Anyone interested in starting a design career in User Interface and User Experience design.
- Anyone looking to learn Adobe XD
- Anyone who wants to learn Adobe Xd prototyping.
- You will need Adobe XD. It’s free on the Adobe website
- No previous Adobe XD experience required
- No previous design experience required
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Become a UX designer
- Become a UI designer
- Learn Adobe XD
- Build & test a full app design.
- Learn to prototype your designs in Adobe XD.
- Learn common UI/UX design principles and how to use them in your own designs.
- Learn to create icon sets with Adobe XD.
- Find your creative process.
- Create UX briefs & personas.
- Build a UI/UX design project from beginning to end.
- Learn how to use color and select better colors for design.
- Learn how to use size & contrast in UI/UX design.
- Learn how to use typography
- Learn how space & neg
- ative space work in UI/UX design.
- Learn to export designs for review and development.
- You will learn the necessary skills to become a UI/UX designer.
- Downloading Adobe XD
- What is UI/UX Design?
- Designer vs Non-Designer thinking
- Icons – Google Material Icons
- Icons – Box Icons
- UI Kits
- Wireframe Kits, Templates and Icons
- Illustrations – unDraw
- Images and Pictures – Unsplash
- Fonts – Adobe Fonts and Google Fonts
- Adobe XD Overview
- Keyboard shortcuts for XD
- Basic Tools
- Property Inspector
- Responsive size
- Assets Panel and Creative Cloud libraries
- Working with symbols
- Exporting Assets and Design Files
Basics of UI/UX
- Understanding the Mood of your Colour Palette
- Creating custom Colours palettes
- Designing with Colour
- Introduction to typography
- Origins and use of Serif and Sans Serif Type Family
- How Typography determines Readability
- Fonts Combination
Size and Contrast in UI/UX
Alignment in UI/UX
Space and Negative space
User Interface (UI) Design for Mobile
- What is User Interface Design (UI)?
- Approach guide to UI Design
- Good practices in Interaction Design
- Importance of alignment
- Color in User Interface Design
- Designing Text Overlays
User Experience (UX) Design for Mobile
- What is User Experience Design (UX)?
- Asking for Permissions
- User Profiling
- Form vs Function
- Consistency and Simplicity
- Onboarding UX
Designing for iOS and Android
- Android vs iOS Design
- Differences in Icon Design
- Flat Design vs Material Design
- Differences in Establishing Visual Hierarchy
- iOS and Android Design Guidelines
Mobile Design Workflow Step by Step Guide
- Design Patterns and Colour Palettes
- Create a User Flow Diagram
- Create Wireframes
- Create Professional Mockups
- Using Sketch (41) to Create Mockups
- Using Canva to Create Mockups
- Create an Animated App Prototype
- Prototyping with keynote
- Prototyping with Marvel
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprise of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Tailor- made training
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: +254 706909947
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +254 706909947
The course fee is KES 75,000.00 or USD 1,100.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through bank on or before the course starting date.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.