Get hands-on instruction and practice configuring advanced Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, services in this five-day Microsoft Official Course. Students will learn advanced configuration and services tasks necessary to deploy, manage and maintain Windows Server 2012 infrastructure, such as identity management, rights management, Federated services, network load balancing, and failover clustering.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for IT professionals with hands-on experience implementing, managing, and maintaining a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment, who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to perform advanced management and provisioning of services within that Windows Server 2012 environment. Suitable candidates are typically experienced system administrators who have real-world experience working in a Windows Server 2008, Windows server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 environment.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Configure advanced features for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS), and configure IP Address Management (IPAM) with Windows Server 2012
- Configure and manage iSCSI, BranchCache and FSRM
- Configure DAC to manage and audit access to shared files
- Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple domains and forests
- Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes locations
- Implement and configure an Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) deployment
- Implement an AD RMS deployment
- Implement an AD FS deployment
- Provide high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing Network Load Balancing (NLB)
- Implement and validate high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing NLB
- Provide high availability for network services and applications by implementing failover clustering
- Implement a failover cluster, and configure and validate a highly available network service
- Deploy and manage Hyper-V virtual machines in a failover cluster
- Implement a backup and disaster recovery solution based on business and technical requirements
Implementing Advanced Network Services
- Configuring Advanced DHCP Servers
- Implementing IP Address Management
- Configuring Advanced DNS Settings
- Implementing Advanced Network Services
Implementing Advanced File Services
- Lab :: Implementing Advanced File Services
- Configuring iSCSI Storage
- Lab :: Implementing BranchCache
- Configuring Branch Cache Optimizing Branch Usage
Implementing Dynamic Access Control
- Overview of DAC
- Implementing and Managing Work Folders
- Implementing DAC for Access Control
- Implementing DAC Components
- Lab :: Implementing Secure Data Access
- Implementing Access Denied Assistance
Implementing Distributed AD DS Deployments
- Overview of Distributed AD DS Deployments
- DS Environment Configuring AD DS Trusts
- Deploying a Distributed AD
- Lab :: Implementing Distributed AD DS Deployments
Implementing AD DS Sites and Replication
- AD DS Replication Overview
- Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
- Lab :: Implementing AD DS Sites and Replication
- Configuring AD DS Sites
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprise of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: +254 (0) 729166479
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +254 706909947
The course fee is KES 40,000.00 or USD 300.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through bank on or before the course starting date.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.