This training program has been inspired by the global push for the adoption of Competency Based Curriculums. This program has therefore been developed in line with the principles of a Competency Based Curriculum.
A competency based curriculum is a curriculum that emphasizes what learners are expected to do rather than mainly focusing on what they are expected to know. In principle, such a curriculum is learner-centred and adaptive to the changing needs of students, teachers, and society. It implies that learners can acquire and apply the knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes to solve situations they encounter in everyday life.
Furthermore, the job market in the 21st century is evolving to create more opportunities in self-employment, online jobs, freelance jobs, jobs in small and micro enterprises rather than the traditional models of employment in careers like teaching, medicine, engineering, etc.
This training program will impart skills that will enable individuals to take advantage of these new opportunities.
- Post-secondary students
- University/College students
- Those interested in gaining practical hands-on employability skills
- Those interested in gaining hands-on skills in the learning areas covered
- Corporates interested in up skilling their staff
- Governments interested in up skilling their staff
- A laptop computer
Also Read: Digital Skills and Literacy Training Course
- One on one classroom based training
- Fly me a trainer
- Tailor made-training
- Online training
- Corporate training
- Weekend/Evening training
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Interact resourcefully with the internet
- Understand the basic principles of computing
- Work professionally with MS Office applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point )
- Issue and respond to business transaction documents
- Issue and respond to procurement documents (Proposals, EOI, Tenders etc)
- Communicate formally and professionally via email
- Build, edit and style web pages using HTML and CSS
- Develop, host and manage professional websites using Joomla and Word Press
- Conduct professional SEO and digital marketing
- Plan and schedule tasks on a software
- Work with a project manage software for project collaboration and project management
- Write proposals
- Write reports
- Make money online
- Become self employed
- Learners will be issued with a certificate
- Learners will be given free after training support (In person, email, Skype and phone)
- Learners will be added to a weekly email newsletter of relevant opportunities
- All training resources will be provided after the training
Topics to be covered
- Basic introduction to IT
- Internet skills
- Email communication
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Power Point
- Graphic design
- Website development/Maintenance using Joomla
- Website development/Maintenance using Word Press
- Website domain and hosting
- Digital Marketing
- Communication skills
- Planning and scheduling software and skills
- Project management software and skills
- Projects collaboration software and skills
- Finding information off the internet
- Proposal writing
- Report writing
- Business transaction documents
- Online academic writing
- Sources of freelance opportunities
- How to make money online
- Case study
- Action points
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprise of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: +254 706909947
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +254 706909947
The course fee is KES 150,000.00 or USD 2,200.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through bank on or before the course starting date.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure